RC Flying Club MFC Glocknerhof
Young pilots have been making the pilgrimage to Carinthia for decades to learn the fine art of flying remote controlled gliders or engine-powered aircraft. One more reason to launch a RC aircraft club. The construction of the RC Airfield Glocknerhof was the occasion for founding the club.
As a Hotel guest and participant of a Model Aircraft Course you benefit from all facilities and comforts we have created for you over many years. Model Flying expertise, airfields with top infrastructure, hobby rooms and shop.
Governmental approved flight altitude up to 500 m over ground
The Airfield Glocknerhof is one of the first Aurstian Model Airfields with an official approved flight altitude up to 500 m over ground.
Please notice: If you want to use the airfield, you have to fill in the registration form at the reception of Hotel Glocknerhof first. You have to confirm in writing, that you have understood the regulations of the Airfield (MFBO MFC Glocknerhof) and that you observe the rule. If you fly higher than 150 m over ground you have to observe the rules of "Austro Control" and Austrian Aeroclub (ÖAeC). Here you find all documents:
- Registration form for model flying pilots [pdf]
- Airfield Glocknerhof regulations MFC Glocknerhof [pdf]
- Regulations of government Austro Control [pdf]
- Regulations Austrian Aeroclub ÖAeC [pdf]
If you want to fly with your RC models in Austria, you have to have a liability insurance for model flying valid for Austria. At your arrival in the hotel you get a brochure with all information regarding directions, details of locations and regulations for the model airfields. In the hotel there is also a Model Flight Simulator and a small shop with model aircrafts, parts and equipment.
New EU regulation (EU) 2019/947 since 1.1.2021 at Hotel Glocknerhof
A new regulation has been introduced in the EU which, among other things, has brought additional requirements for model flying (wing, helicopter and drones). In addition to liability insurance for model flying, since 2021 you must also have proof of competence and display a registration number on your models. Here are the details on this:
- Registration requirement: you need a registration number on the rc models. Please register in your home country. You will receive a number which must be affixed to all models. There are currently no requirements for the design. Guests from Austria and from non-EU countries like Switzerland please register here: www.dronespace.at.
- Proof of competence: If you would like to model fly in Austria, you will need the proof of competence, also called "drone licence", since 1.1.2021. At registered club flying sites such as the Glocknerhof model flying site, a transition period applies in 2021 and 2022. Here you do not have to have the proof of competence until 1.1.2023. If you want to fly on our Rottenstein slope, you will need the certificate as early as 1.1.2021. Here is the link to the certificate of competence: https://online-kurs.dronespace.at
Air Meet 2015 at Hotel Glocknerhof
The Air-Meet 15 Flight Show with program and Night Flight Show took place at Model Airfield Glocknerhof on June 5, 2015. During the day there were lots of airshows of guest and international model pilots. There were also functional models with baggers and trucks from FMC Fellbach. The evening started with a vaulting performance of Voltigiergruppe Weissensee. Ivano Albano played Italien live music. A spectacular Night Flight Show was the highlight of the event. Performed by Swiss Spiel- und Flugbox AG, directed by Reto Marbach.
Video: Air Meet 2015 MFC Glocknerhof
Glocknerhof Air Meet 2015 - Flugshow, Nachtflug