RC Airfield Glocknerhof with high-quality facilities
The centrepiece for unforgettable holidays with model flying
The hotel’s own RC airfield Glocknerhof is ideal flying terrain for pilots of gliders, engine-powered aircraft and helicopters. The flying courses run by the Glocknerhof RC aircraft school also take place at this airfield. The airfield is one of the first Austrian RC airfields with official flight altitude of up to 500 m above ground. Detailed information you find below. The airfield consists of:
- For gliders, aircrafts and helicopters
- Close-mown grass runways: 200 m north-south and 90 m east-west
- Start and landing area: 700 m area without obstacles
- 8 preparation tables, power (230 V, 400 V), potable water, air compressor and free WiFi
- Comfortable toilets, bituminised access road
- Sunshades, seats, benches and sun loungers for relaxing
- Solid and weatherproof tent with lighting for evening events
- Compressed air, charging station for electric cars (22 kW, "type 2 "plug)
- NEW: Open air shower for hot days
- Cooled drinks, coffee machine and seating within the tent
- There is a small stream running parallel to the path
- Biotope with viewing platform and fish pond
- 2 minutes’ drive (10 minutes’ walk) from the Hotel
- Priority: Helicopters and drones/multicopters
- 4 tables, power (230, 400 V), potable water, free WiFi
- Sunshades, benches and sun loungers for relaxing
- Bituminised access road
- 200 m southward of the main airfield
- Important: Please don't use the hover area during the Airtow Week and during Helicopter Trainings!
Please note the following requirements:
- Combustion engine flight: Monday to Friday 08:00 to 12:30 and 15:00 to 19:00
- Extreme noisy aeroplanes are not allowed.
- At weekend and Austrian official holiday it is not allowed to fly combustion engine. Alternative: Airfield Amlach
- Model aircraft can only be operated using the 2.4 GHz waveband.
- An international public liability insurance policy valid for Austria and registration number for you rc aircrafts is required. Please complete this form and bring it with you on arrival: Registration form for RC pilots.
- Please read Regulations of RC Airfield Glocknerhof.
- From January 1st, 2023 the new EU certificate of compentency is necessary.
- If you want to fly higher than 150 m above ground consider:
For flights between 150 m and 500 m above ground please consider:
At RC Airfield Glocknerhof it is allowed to fly up to 500 m above ground. If you fly higher than 150 m above ground, you must observe the additional rules! Please read them attentively: