Model Airfield Glocknerhof with high-quality facilities
The centrepiece for unforgettable holidays with model flying
The hotel’s own model airfield Glocknerhof on the Berger Moos is ideal flying terrain for pilots of gliders, engine-powered aircraft and helicopters. The flying courses run by the Glocknerhof model aircraft school also take place at this airfield. The airfield is one of the first Austrian model airfields with official flight altitude of up to 500 m above ground. Detailed information you find below. The airfield consists of:
- Close-mown grass runways: 200 m north-south and 90 m east-west
- Start and landing area: 700 m area without obstacles
- 8 preparation tables, power (230, 400 V), potable water, air compressor and free WiFi
- Comfortable toilets, bituminised access road
- Sunshades, seats, benches and sun loungers for relaxing
- Solid and weatherproof tent with lighting for evening events
- Charging station for electric cars (22 kW, "type 2 "plug)
- NEW: Cooled drinks and seating within the tent
- There is a small stream running parallel to the path
- Biotope with viewing platform and fish pond
- 2 minutes’ drive (10 minutes’ walk) from the Hotel
- Priority: Helicopters and drones/multicopters
- 4 tables, power (230, 400 V), potable water, free WiFi
- Sunshades, benches and sun loungers for relaxing
- Bituminised access road
- 200 m southward of the main airfield
- Important: Please don't use the hover area during the Airtow Week and during Helicopter Trainings!
Please note the following requirements:
- Combustion engine flight: Monday to Friday 08:00 to 12:30 and 15:00 to 19:00
- Extreme noisy aeroplanes are not allowed to fly.
- At weekend and Austrian official holiday it is not allowed to fly combustion engine. Alternative: Airfield Amlach
- Model aircraft can only be operated using the 2.4 GHz waveband.
- An international public liability insurance policy valid for Austria is required. Please complete this form and bring it with you on arrival: Registration form for model aircraft pilots.
- Please read Reguations of Model Airfield Glocknerhof.
- If you want to fly higher than 150 m above ground consider:
For flights between 150 m and 500 m above ground please consider:
At Model Airfield Glocknerhof it is allowed to fly up to 500 m above ground. If you fly higher than 150 m above ground, you must observe the additional rules! Please read them attentively: